The Ins and Outs of Home Siding Repair & Restoration
Siding is absolutely essential for all kinds of residential properties. It’s protective, keeping all rain, sleet, and storm out of your home. It can also be cost-effective and energy-efficient, depending on which type of siding you opt for.
There are four main types to know about before you start shopping: vinyl, aluminum, stucco, and wood. Remember, too, that the right type of siding can raise your property’s overall value drastically.
Different Types of Siding
Depending on your weather situations, your utility bills, or even your personal style, there are many different types of siding to meet those needs. While there are four main types of siding as previously mentioned, there are actually many more different types of siding overall.
- Wood – easily available, quick to install, can get painted or stained in any color.
- Vinyl – the most popular type of siding by far. It’s durable, rot-resistant, available in many different colors, and extremely affordable.
- Metal – termite-resistant, durable, simple maintenance, long-lasting.
- Brick – fire-resistant, can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Fiber Cement – extremely durable to fire and insects, can fit any shape, environmentally neutral.
- Stone – can last forever, is natural and sustainable, comes with warranties.
- Stucco – available in many shades, rot-resistant, affordable.
There are many different types of siding available on the market — you just need to decide which one is right for your situation.
When Should You Repair Your Siding?
Nothing lasts forever, and your home siding is no exception — especially during a heavy storm season. The sooner you can take care of damaged siding, the better.
How to tell if your siding needs to be repaired:
The paint inside your home is chipping or blistering.
- This is an indication that moisture is traveling inside your home through your siding. To protect the long-term value of the home, you’ll want to take care of this situation immediately from the outside, in.
There are conspicuous cracks or holes outside.
- These openings enable moisture to get indoors, and typically denote the presence of irritating and stressful insect infestations. To safeguard your home from pests of all varieties, keep your siding in check all year long, period.
If you’ve started getting bills that are inexplicably steep.
- This is also an indicator of siding issues. If you have siding that’s remarkably strong, then it should be able to insulate your living space well. If you have siding that’s on its way out, then its insulation abilities may suffer considerably. If your existing siding is faulty, then you may have to pay a lot more to cool or heat your residential property. Don’t ever dismiss the utility bills that you receive in the mail on a monthly basis. Take the time to review them all at length.
Fungus, mildew, and mold growth on the walls inside your home.
- This one is a tricky one to deal with. If you pick up on any indications of any of these growing on your walls, then you have to take action as soon as possible, no excuses. These issues can lead to serious allergies or even long-term health concerns.
You can also always consider the aesthetic of your home. For example, if you’re in the middle of remodeling and the siding doesn’t match the interior, you can make changes to match. If you’re updating your appliances to be more environmentally friendly, it’s smart to update your siding to save on your utility & energy costs and help lower your overall carbon footprint. Especially in the summer and winter months when harsh weather conditions might add wear and tear to your siding.
Request a Complimentary Inspection From AmeriPro Roofing
Shopping for a local company that can handle your home siding? At AmeriPro Roofing, we can build or repair your home siding with an option that’s energy-efficient, durable, and cost-effective. Contact us today!