The Invisible Threat to
By the time you notice wood rot, the damage has already been done
Most people don’t see or notice wood rot until it’s too late. Maybe you’re getting ready to paint a window sill, do some trim work, or decking and then notice wood rot damage. Or, perhaps you are having your roof repaired or getting work done in your crawlspace, and the contractor comes and tells you there’s a problem. Depending on where the wood rot is located, will determine the type of damage that can occur if left untreated. But wherever the damage may be, there’s one thing you can be sure of…wood rot is going to allow excess moisture in, and that moisture brings with it serious problems.
What causes wood rot?
There are several different factors that can cause wood rot in your roof, which is why it’s important to understand what problems can make your roof at risk.
- Clogged or misaligned gutters
- Roof ventilation
- Damaged roofing materials
How does roof venting help with minimizing wood rot?
- Your roof is more than a barrier from the moisture, it also allows the house to ‘breathe’ and RELEASE moisture (much in the way a bathroom or attic fan does).
- A properly vented roof expels much of the water vapor that builds up in the home and plays an important role in keeping the moisture content in building materials to safe levels.
Is wood rot localized or can it spread?
If your home has wood rot in one area, there’s a chance it may be in other areas as well. Before starting on repairs, AmeriPro Roofing will conduct a thorough assessment of your home in order to determine if wood rot exists anywhere else, and how it is best addressed and resolved.
What does an AmeriPro Roofing Wood Rot Inspection Include?
- Facial boards and corner boards
- Siding (Particularly if it is wood siding)
- Exposed framing in crawlspaces and basements
- Window sills and door thresholds and casings throughout the home
- Roof decking (specifically the underside or that adjacent to areas of high moisture such as garden beds or in heavily shaded areas)
- Roof framing
Since 1999, AmeriPro Roofing has been helping Homeowners solve moisture and wood rot issues.
What Our Customers
Explore Our Projects
Explore our roofing, siding, and gutter projects to see how we can transform your home, improve its curb appeal, and increase its resale value!
Book Your Free Inspection!